Nonprofits and Volunteers
More information on any or all of these topics can be found at your local public library.
- Maine Association of Nonprofits (MANP)
- A membership organization committed to advancing and strengthening Maine's nonprofit sector. It provides information on starting, maintaining and growing nonprofit organizations.
- Maine Commission for Community Service
- The Maine Commission for Community Service builds capacity and sustainability in Maine's volunteer sector by funding service programs, developing volunteer managers, raising awareness of the scope and impact of the sector, and encouraging an ethic of service.
- Nonprofit Corporation Resources
- Information from the Maine Secretary of State on resources available to help nonprofit corporations here in Maine.
- Volunteer Maine
- A volunteer clearinghouse site matching volunteers with nonprofits needing helpers. It includes agencies that have come together with the sole purpose of promoting volunteerism in Maine. Its goal is to meet the needs of volunteer programs operating locally so they are able to effectively respond to critical needs.