More information on any or all of these topics can be found at your local public library.
- Bureau of Consumer Credit Protection
- The Bureau of Consumer Credit Protection oversees many aspects of the consumer finance industry, including non-bank mortgage lenders, debt collectors, loan brokers, retail creditors, money transmitters, credit reporting agencies and non-bank ATMs.
- Consumer Library
- The Consumer library, maintained by the Bureau of Financial Institutions serves as a resource for consumers that are looking for more information related to banking.
- Institute for Financial Literacy
- The mission of the Institute for Financial Literacy is to make effective financial literacy education available for all American adults.
- Personal Finance
- Articles and activities from the University of Maine Cooperative Extension Program.
- TeachME Financial Literacy
- Compiled by the Office of the State Treasurer, this list of resources can be used to learn more about personal money management. It provides sources of information on financial literacy, saving and investing, and budget and debt management.