More information on any or all of these topics can be found at your local public library.
- Community Counseling Center
- Community Counseling Center is one of Maine's oldest and most comprehensive private, nonprofit family service agencies, making positive and lasting changes in the lives of 6,000 individuals and families each year through prevention, education, treatment and wellness programs.
- Homeless Shelters
- A directory of homeless shelters in Maine.
- Hotlines/Crisis numbers
- Crisis phone lines on a wide variety of topics, provided by the Department of Health and Human Services.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
- NAMI Maine helps start family and peer support groups across the state. These groups meet weekly or monthly in the evening so that people with mental health or co-occurring substance use conditions and family members have a place to go to receive support.>