Bourque, Bruce (1943 - )
Genre: Non-Fiction, Non-Fiction - Scholarly
Bruce J. Bourque, a resident of Hallowell, is Chief Archaeologist and Curator of Ethnography at the Maine State Museum. He is also a visiting professor at Bates College. He has written numerous books and articles on Maine's Native American populations.
- Uncommon Threads: Wabanaki Textiles, Clothing, and Costume, with Laureen A. LaBar, 2009
- Twelve Thousand Years: American Indians in Maine, with Steven L. Cox and Ruth H. Whitehead, 2001
- Diversity and Complexity in Prehistoric Maritime Societies: a Gulf of Maine Perspective, 1995
- Prehistory of the Central Maine Coast, 1992
- The Swordfish Hunters: The History and Ecology of an Ancient American Sea People (2012)