Getting Results without Authority: Building Relationships and Credibility
- Link: Getting Results without Authority: Building Relationships and Credibility
- Topic: Management - Interpersonal Skills
- Level: Elective
- Sponsor: WebJunction/Skillsoft
- Format: self paced online
- Contact Hours: 1
NOTE: You must have a WebJunction Skillsoft Learning account to access this course. Instructions for setting up an account are in the yellow box on the right side of the Voluntary Certification Homepage.
Click on the link above and enter your learning account login and password. Follow the path below to find the course.
Catalog > Communication & Interpersonal Skills > Getting Results without Authority: Building Relationships and Credibility
How can you get results if you don't have authority? Cultivating relationships and establishing credibility are necessary, because they allow you to influence others. If you have effective influencing skills, you'll be able to get what you need or want from others – whether it's your boss, a peer, or someone in a completely different department. Effective influencing, however, requires that you know how to build good relationships, and that you have credibility. You won't be able to ask someone for help if you have antagonized that person, or if you haven't followed through on promises you made. In this course, you'll learn how to develop relationships and build credibility so that you can get the results you need at work. You'll also find out how being able to influence others benefits you.
- identify how being able to influence others can benefit you
- recognize how to cultivate relationships at work in order to increase your - ability to get results when you don't have direct authority recognize how to build credibility at work so that you can get the results you need