Working with Difficult People: How to Work with Negative People
- Link: Working with Difficult People: How to Work with Negative People
- Topic: Management - Personnel Management
- Level: Elective
- Sponsor: WebJunction/Skillsoft
- Format: self paced online
- Contact Hours: 1
NOTE: You must have a WebJunction Skillsoft Learning account to access this course. Instructions for setting up an account are in the yellow box on the right side of the Voluntary Certification Homepage.
Click on the link above and enter your learning account login and password. Follow the path below to find the course.
Catalog > Communication & Interpersonal Skills > Working with Difficult People: How to Work with Negative People
For some people, nothing is ever good enough. They complain nonstop about everything from their latest project to the weather. Others may whine or place blame where it may not belong. Negative people contribute to an unproductive work environment and tend to make the people around them feel negative as well. To limit the adverse impact negative people can have in the workplace, you need a set of tools and techniques at your disposal suited to the particular type of negative person you may be dealing with. This course delves into the characteristics of some common types of negative people you may encounter within the workplace, and it also discusses strategies you may use to help you deal with their behavior.
- recognize examples of people who demonstrate negative behavior
- determine which aspects of handling negative behavior were dealt with appropriately in a given scenario
- apply strategies for dealing with a blamer in the workplace