Checklist for Preparing for IBB
- Employer and Union representatives meet to agree to use IBB.
- They meet with their members to inform them about IBB.
- They meet to select a facilitator.
- They each obtain training from their advocacy organizations
or from the facilitator if none is available otherwise.
- They meet with their members to discuss issues for bargaining.
- They mutually prepare the statistical data they anticipate
they will need.
- They select a meeting place, and schedule meeting dates.
- They arrange for refreshments and meals to be provided at
the meeting site.
- They arrange for two easels, markers, masking tape, and newsprint.
- They decide who will be responsible for each arrangement.
- They decide who will be the note takers at the meetings, and
who will prepare the tentative agreements for signatures.
- They decide impasse procedures.