#51 State House Station Augusta, ME 04333 | Phone: 207.624.6290 | Fax: 207.624.8729 | Maine Relay 711 | Visitor Information
Home →Laws & Regulations
Laws & Regulations
- Maine Human Rights Act
- Whistleblowers Protection Act
- Use of Genetic Information for Employment Purposes
MHRC Rules & Regulations
The following links will take you to the rules maintained on the Secretary of State website. Please check under Proposed/Adopted Changes to your left to be sure that the rules have not been changed or superseded by statute.
The files below require either Microsoft Word or the Word Viewer.
- Chapter 2: Procedural Rule (MS Word)
- Chapter 3: Employment Regulations ofthe MHRC (MS Word)
- Chapter 4: Equal Educational Opportunity Regulations (MS Word)
- Chapter 4A: Procedural Rule Equal Educational Opportunity Regulations(MS Word)
- Chapter 5: Public Accommodation Regulations in Public Conveyances (MS Word)
- Chapter 6: Accessibility Requirements for Public Accommodations & Places of Employment (REPEALED)
- Chapter 7: Accessibility Regulations of the MHRC (MS Word) (for buildings constructed & remodeled after January 1996)
- Chapter 8: Housing Regulations of the MHRC (MS Word)
- Chapter 9: Housing Procedural Rule (REPEALED)
Hard copies may be requested by contacting our staff at (207) 624-6290.