> Tips > It's a day of remembrance. Listen to those who remember.
It's a day of remembrance. Listen to those who remember.
December 7, 2013
On December 7, 1941, the Naval base at Pearl Harbor, in Hawaii, was attacked without warning. Talk to your friends, neighbors, grandparents, great-grandparents who remember Pearl Harbor, and ask them to tell you about it, and share their memories of World War II. Why? Because families and friends who share memories grow closer, and their connection grows stronger. History comes alive in their stories, and we learn from it. And a strong family or neighborhood is ready for anything. Ask for the stories. And listen.
Sign up to receive our Daily Safety and Preparedness Tips
- March 8, 2014: Teach your kids when and how to call for help
- March 7, 2014: Be good to your oil tank
- March 6, 2014: Rainy days are good days to take stock of your emergency supplies
- March 5, 2014: Beware backache and heartache
- March 4, 2014: Have a generator? Maybe you only think so
- March 3, 2014: Snow on the roof means headaches are on the way
- March 2, 2014: Imagine the lights just went out ...
- March 1, 2014: Flood season begins today -- and every day
- February 28, 2014: Go ahead, take the day off
- February 27, 2014: I love it when a plan comes together
- February 26, 2014: Layer up for warmth
- February 25, 2014: Drive within your headlights
- February 24, 2014: Dress in layers for the latest in fashion safety
- February 23, 2014: Most of us don't drive the Daytona 500
- February 22, 2014: Keep your wood stove and furnace vents apart
- February 21, 2014: Keep fire safety in mind when using a wood stove or heater
- February 20, 2014: Safe snowmobiling is even more fun
- February 19, 2014: What special help can you give?
- February 18, 2014: The simplest emergency plan is a list of phone numbers
- February 17, 2014: Take care digging out
- February 16, 2014: Make safety and emergency planning your business
- February 15, 2014: Some things just don't get better with age
- February 14, 2014: Love will help you weather the storm
- February 13, 2014: Always use alternate heaters safely.
- February 12, 2014: Cold weather is hard on your heart
- February 11, 2014: In cold weather, eat and drink wisely
- February 10, 2014: Bundle up your house to conserve heat
- February 9, 2014: The power of two
- February 8, 2014: All of us are stronger than one of us
- February 7, 2014: When does taking care of yourself help your neighbors?