> Tips > Your car needs a winter survival kit.
Your car needs a winter survival kit.
November 9, 2013
Before winter begins, put together a winter storm survival kit for your vehicle. Take that old coat, those old clothes and that old pair of boots that your spouse wants you to throw away, put them in a duffel bag and throw them in the bar of your car. Also, throw in a sleeping bag or warm blankets. Non-perishable foods such as energy bars should be included. Having something to eat will help your body stay warm if you become stranded for a prolonged period of time.
Sign up to receive our Daily Safety and Preparedness Tips
- September 16, 2014: It's barely fall, but winter is around the corner
- September 15, 2014: Stop at the cash machine on your way home tonight
- September 14, 2014: Remember why we're preparing for emergencies
- September 13, 2014: There's a nip in the air. Check your wood stove for safety
- September 12, 2014: Stop, look and listen
- September 11, 2014: On this day of remembrance, remember also yourself and your family
- September 10, 2014: Make sure your generator is properly installed
- September 9, 2014: Plan now for an investment in safety
- September 8, 2014: Find out about your workplace emergency plan
- September 7, 2014: Where are those important papers, anyway?
- September 6, 2014: You don't need to give the shirt off your back
- September 5, 2014: Does a tropical depression mean being sad in Bermuda?
- September 4, 2014: It may be football season, but it's hurricane season too!
- September 3, 2014: When your community needs help, that help could be you
- September 2, 2014: If you want to volunteer, get ready now
- September 1, 2014: What does National Preparedness Month mean to you?
- August 31, 2014: Think about how you can help those who've been through disaster
- August 30, 2014: What did you learn from Hurricane Katrina or Sandy?
- August 29, 2014: Today is nine years from Hurricane Katrina
- August 28, 2014: Lightning can hurt you even before it rains
- August 27, 2014: Floods kill people during hurricanes
- August 26, 2014: Storm surge is not for surfers
- August 25, 2014: Ready, set, get out of your house!
- August 24, 2014: Learn how to "turn off" your house
- August 23, 2014: Use anti-flea products for your pets safely
- August 22, 2014: Think green for chemical safety
- August 21, 2014: Keep the Poison Center number handy
- August 20, 2014: Some things should never mix
- August 19, 2014: Are your cupboards poisonous?
- August 18, 2014: Water, water everywhere and not a drop to drink