> Tips > Talk with Grandma and Grandpa about getting through "the big one"
Talk with Grandma and Grandpa about getting through "the big one"
October 7, 2013
Our parents, grandparents and great-grandparents may have some common sense tips about weathering a severe storm. We might be a little too used to the luxuries of life. They might have grown up without them. Ask them for ideas when you're making an emergency plan for your family.
Sign up to receive our Daily Safety and Preparedness Tips
- December 11, 2013: Make a list and check it twice
- December 10, 2013: Light up your life when the power goes out
- December 9, 2013: Christmas trees unfortunately make great torches
- December 8, 2013: Anything can happen on the road, at any time
- December 7, 2013: It's a day of remembrance. Listen to those who remember.
- December 6, 2013: Candles and window drapes don't mix
- December 5, 2013: It's cold! Are your family and neighbors warm enough?
- December 4, 2013: Blowing and drifting snow: the gift that keeps on giving
- December 3, 2013: What, snow in Maine in the winter?
- December 2, 2013: "It's a Marshmallow World in the Winter" but don't get stuck
- December 1, 2013: "The first of December was covered with snow"?
- November 30, 2013: Share your best preparedness tip
- November 29, 2013: Space blankets, the final frontier
- November 28, 2013: Be thankful, and be safe
- November 27, 2013: Turkey safety alert! Thaw safely. cook thoroughly, enjoy heartily
- November 26, 2013: Go over the river and through the woods -- safely
- November 25, 2013: Sometimes asking for help is a sign of strength
- November 24, 2013: Look carefully and signal before changing lanes
- November 23, 2013: Slow down and get there faster
- November 22, 2013: Make your holiday gift decisions easy: NOAA Weather Radios
- November 21, 2013: Help your first responders by helping yourself
- November 20, 2013: Sometimes your parents actually are right
- November 19, 2013: Remember agencies who help in emergencies
- November 18, 2013: When your carbon monoxide alarm goes off, know what to do
- November 17, 2013: Carbon monoxide alarms can save a life
- November 17, 2013: Carbon monoxide safety is important outside your home as well as inside
- November 16, 2013: Rain, rain and more rain ... no matter what the season
- November 16, 2013: Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless killer
- November 15, 2013: It takes all needs to make a plan
- November 14, 2013: Feed your car, avoid a freezing