> Tips > Keep the Poison Center number handy
Keep the Poison Center number handy
August 21, 2014
1-800-222-1222 is the emergency number for every Poison Control Center in the country. Add 1-800-222-1222 to your emergency phone list. The Poison Center provides immediate treatment advice for poison emergencies. They also provide information about poisons and poison prevention, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. Wherever you are in the US, you can call 1-800-222-1222 and reach the Poison Control Center nearest you. In Maine, you can also reach the Northern New England Poison Center by TTY/TDD at: TTY/TDD: (877) 299-4447 (ME only) or (207) 871-2879
Sign up to receive our Daily Safety and Preparedness Tips
- August 30, 2014: What did you learn from Hurricane Katrina or Sandy?
- August 29, 2014: Today is nine years from Hurricane Katrina
- August 28, 2014: Lightning can hurt you even before it rains
- August 27, 2014: Floods kill people during hurricanes
- August 26, 2014: Storm surge is not for surfers
- August 25, 2014: Ready, set, get out of your house!
- August 24, 2014: Learn how to "turn off" your house
- August 23, 2014: Use anti-flea products for your pets safely
- August 22, 2014: Think green for chemical safety
- August 21, 2014: Keep the Poison Center number handy
- August 20, 2014: Some things should never mix
- August 19, 2014: Are your cupboards poisonous?
- August 18, 2014: Water, water everywhere and not a drop to drink
- August 17, 2014: Don't be afraid to tell your kids you're afraid
- August 16, 2014: Watch the news, then turn off the TV
- August 15, 2014: Take control in an emergency
- August 14, 2014: Your emergency plan is all about you
- August 13, 2014: Hunt for hidden hazards
- August 12, 2014: Tune your mind to the Safety Channel
- August 11, 2014: Protect your important papers
- August 10, 2014: Does your phone work when the power goes out?
- August 9, 2014: If it's in your emergency food supply, will your kids eat it?
- August 8, 2014: Practice makes perfect
- August 7, 2014: Asking for help is a sign of independence.
- August 6, 2014: Find out how your town would alert you in an emergency
- August 5, 2014: What does your grandmother know that you don't?
- August 4, 2014: What's in your wallet?
- August 4, 2014: Serve emergency awareness with dinner tonight
- August 2, 2014: When it's hot out there: take care
- August 1, 2014: August heat breeds August storms: take them seriously