Build a Disaster Supply Kit for Your Home
See Also ...
What will you need if you can't get out for three days and don't have electricity? Here are some suggestions:
- 3-day supply of nonperishable food that does not require cooking
- 3-day supply of water (1 gallon of water per person, per day)
- Portable, battery powered radio with extra batteries
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- First aid kit
- Telephone that works if the electricity is off
- A safe way to heat food and water: camp stove, etc.
- A way to keep warm if the power is off: sleeping bags, extra blankets, etc.
- 3-day supply of your medicines on hand at all times
- Items for infants: formula, diapers, etc.
- Food and water for pets
For More Information
Adobe Reader: Some links (.pdf format) may require this software, available free from Adobe.com