Topics and Presenters Sought for Preparedness Conference
November 9, 2017
Maine Emergency Management Agency seeks presentation proposals for the 10th Annual Maine Partners in Emergency Preparedness Conference to be held Tuesday and Wednesday, April 24 and 25, 2018 at the Augusta Civic Center, Augusta, Maine.
As the nation continues to recover from the devastation caused by hurricanes, wildfires and active shooters, and other natural and man-made disasters, the overall theme for this conference will be Prepare to Recover. Each track will represent the various aspects of the recovery process – Economic Recovery, Health and Social Services, Housing, Infrastructure Systems, and Natural and Cultural Resources. An additional Emergency Preparedness track will capture other valued topics of interest.
Workshops are presented at breakout sessions throughout the two days of the conference. The sessions are typically 60 minutes long, but a double session can be requested. Topics may be presented in a variety of ways. In previous conferences, presentation styles have ranged from "Lessons Learned" from exercises and events, to traditional classroom presentation, to panel discussions with experts on a particular subject. Based on your evaluations from previous conferences, the most popular workshops have been those that draw on real-world experiences. Other popular sessions take a concept and "Show me How" to implement the idea.
The Conference is part of the "Maine Prepares" initiative, which focuses on emergency preparedness for a wide range of audiences. In addition to tracks specifically designed for first responders and emergency management personnel, this year’s conference will include a track specifically for the citizens of Maine in an effort to increase preparedness and response initiatives for individuals and families.
Who should attend?
- Communities, including public officials, administrators and leaders of libraries and cultural institutions
- Emergency Management
- Schools, from preschool to university
- Business / Non-Profit Organizations
- Technological Hazards Responders
- Interested Individuals
Guidelines for Topic Proposals
- Topics should address some aspect of the overall theme or other related topic of Emergency Management interest
- Submitters are free to propose more than one topic
- The Conference Committee will review all proposals and may contact submitters for more information. The Committee also reserves the right to solicit presentations through other avenues.
- Presentations must not feature any promotional content for any commercial enterprise. No materials promoting the presenter may be distributed or displayed.
Session materials from previous conferences can be reviewed at the Conference website.
The annual conference has consistently provided a unique educational and networking opportunity. Please let us know if you would like to present by contacting the conference organizers by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 207-624-4400. If you have already applied to be a presenter please contact us.
Help make the 10th Annual the best Maine Partners in Emergency Preparedness Conference to date!
Contact:Conference Planning Team
207-624-4400 or 800-452-8725 (in-state)