TRAINING ANNOUNCEMENT: Presque Isle, Maine, Ammonia Safety Day
August 1, 2017
Saturday, September 23, 2017
On-Site Registration: 7:30 a.m.
Class Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
lunch during noon hour
Hampton Inn by Hilton
768 Main Street
Presque Isle, Maine 04769
Course Cost: FREE
Free anhydrous ammonia training opportunity for public safety and industrial first responders, hazmat technicians, as well as emergency planners and regulators.
- Understanding hazards of ammonia
- C-A-N Report and initial response life safety management
- Risks and threats within industrial refrigeration hazard zones
- Understand the value of prevention, protection, and preparedness
- Objectives of industrial refrigeration emergency shutdown
- Rapid entry rescue, decontamination, and medical treatment
- Containment options - use of the fan and tarp evolutions
- Command team awareness of potential catastrophic threat
- Dealing with downwind and downstream receptors
- Transition of command to the Hazmat Tech. Team
- Use of checklists, playbooks, and reference guides
- Review of a fire department SOP and teaming agreement
Who Should Attend?
- Ammonia End Users
- Governmental Inspectors and Planners
- Public Safety Emergency Responders
- Chemical Manufacturers & Suppliers
Contact:Robert Gardner, MEMA