TRAINING ANNOUNCEMENT: MGT 439 Pediatric Disaster Response and Emergency Management
April 14, 2017
MGT 439 Pediatric Disaster Response and Emergency Management
August 8-9, 2017
A 2010 report by the National Commission on Children and Disasters identified a training gap for emergency responders, first receivers, and emergency management personnel that reduced their effectiveness in responding to pediatric patients and their unique needs/considerations. This course addresses pediatric emergency planning and medical response considerations through a combination of lectures, small group exercises, and a table-top exercise.
- Introduction to Pediatric Response
- Emergency Management (EM) Considerations
- Implications for Planning and Response
- Functional Access Needs Considerations
- Mass Sheltering
- Pediatric Triage and Allocation of Scarce Resources
- Pediatric Reunification Considerations
- Pediatric Decontamination Considerations
Community and Hospital based Emergency Managers; EMS Personnel; Hospital Administration and Emergency Room Personnel, Public Safety / Public Health Personnel; School Administrators; MRC Personnel; Private Sector; Law Enforcement; Disaster response/relief personnel; County, State, and Federal personnel who respond to a local jurisdiction disaster event.
Presented by Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service (TEEX), Sponsored by Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention
Contact:Patrick J. Furey