TRAINING ANNOUNCEMENT: Incident Command System (ICS) Training (ICS 300 and ICS 400)
March 15, 2016
ICS 300: Intermediate ICS for Expanding Incidents
ICS 400: Advanced ICS
Central Maine Regional Resource Center is providing ICS 300 and 400 training for our region on the following dates at Central Maine Medical Center, 12 High Street, Lewiston, Conference Rooms A/B/C:
ICS 300 (Day 1)* Tuesday, June 14, 2016 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
ICS 300 (Day 2)* Wednesday, June 15. 2016 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
ICS 400 (1 Day) Tuesday, June 21, 2016 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
AUDIENCE: We ask that senior members of your hospital who will have a leadership role in their facility’s incident command system attend this training.
These courses will provide training on resources for healthcare personnel who require an advanced application of ICS. These are individuals who may assume a supervisory role in expanding incidents which may extend into multiple operational periods. ICS 300 will include unified command, incident/event assessment and objective development; the ICS planning process; incident/event resource management, transfer of command and demobilization. ICS 400 will include ICS review for Command and General Staff; major and/or complex incidents/events management; area command and multi-agency coordination.
Documentation of the following pre-requisites is required to attend ICS 300:
- IS 100: Introduction to the Incident Command System
- IS 200: ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents
- IS 700: Introduction to the National Incident Management System (NIMS)
- IS 800.b National Response Framework, An Introduction
- ICS 300: Intermediate ICS for Expanding Incidents
- If you have already completed applicable the pre-requisites, please fax a copy of the completion certificates with your registration form.
- If you have not completed the courses, you will have until June 8, 2016 to complete the courses and fax the certificate into the Central Maine Regional Resource Center. Failure to complete the pre-requisites will result in you being withdrawn from this course.