Online Registration for Preparedness Conference Closed
April 15, 2015
April 15, 2014: Pre-registration for the Maine Partners in Emergency Preparedness Conference is now closed.
If you missed the deadline, you may register at the door.
The Conference will be held Tuesday and Wednesday, April 21st and 22nd at the Augusta Civic Center.
The Conference will feature:
- Keynote talks:
Day One, Tuesday April 21st
Journey Into Climate and Implications for Maine.
- Dr. Paul Andrew Mayewski, Director, Climate Change Institute, Distinguished Maine Professor, University of Maine
Paul Mayewski will be talking about what he and his teams, from the Climate Change Institute at the University of Maine, have learned about the way the global climate system operates, and how that has significantly improved our understanding of Maine’s climate. He will also be presenting results from the Institute’s 2015 update of “Maine’s Climate Future”.
Day Two, Wednesday April 22nd:
Emergency Support, Coordination and Response to the Western New York Lake Effect Snow Storm
- Vincent A Fargione Jr, OEM Headquarters Operations and EMAC Coordinator, Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Services, Albany, NY
This presentation will cover multiple aspects of the Emergency Support, Coordination and Response to the Western New York Lake Effect Snow Storm that occurred in November of 2014. The presentation will examine the pre-storm, the storm, flood transition, and post storm actions from the view of the National Weather Service office, the New York State Office of Emergency Management and other State Agency partners. The discussion will include actions taken from the local, county, state and federal levels of government.
You must be registered to attend either plenary/keynote session
- Day One: Wildland Fire Simulator, Maine Forest Service
- Day One: Interactive Point of Dispensing (POD) Demonstration
- Day Two: Demonstration of Maine StreamStats, A Water-Resources Web Application
- Day Two: The always exciting Hazmat Team Challenge
- Six tracks of a wide range of emergency management workshops, including tracks on hazmat, schools, communities, business and healthcare.
- http://www.maine.gov/tools/whatsnew/attach.php?id=636937&an=1">See the full agenda (.pdf format)
The 7th Annual Maine Partners in Emergency Preparedness Conference is a partnership among the State Emergency Response Commission, The Maine Emergency Management Agency and the Maine Association of Local Emergency Managers (MALEM).
Contact:Conference Planning Team