Messy Sunday, Blustery Monday: Take Care
January 18, 2015
Freezing Rain Advisories are in effect for much of the state beginning mid-morning on Sunday. A Winter Weather Advisory is in effect for the western mountains for a mix of snow, sleet and freezing rain. Mostly rain is expected along the immediate coast.
MEMA joins the NWS advising caution on slippery roads today. If possible, stay off the roads.
High winds after the storm are expected especially in eastern sections and power outages are possible.
- Track all weather watches and warnings.
- Get the detailed NWS information emergency managers do at:
- For road conditions, call 511 or visit 511maine.gov
- Before you set out, prepare your car for winter weather
- Forgotten how to drive in slippery conditions? MaineDOT has some great tips.
- Best of all, settle in at home for a stormy Sunday (and some football game that is rumored to occur).
Safety Begins at Home
With a chance of power outages, please remember to use generators and alternate heat sources safely. If anyone you know has lost power and is using a generator, please make sure they understand how to do so safely. Carbon monoxide kills.