One Week Left to Register for Preparedness Conference CORRECTED
April 9, 2014
April 16, 2014: Pre-registration for the conference is now closed.
If you missed the deadline, you may register at the door.
Corrected for time of registration closure
Participant and Exhibitor Registration will close Wednesday, April 16th at
5:00 pm 4:00 pm for the 6th Annual Maine Partners in Emergency Preparedness Conference. The Conference will be held Tuesday and Wednesday, April 22nd and 23rd at the Augusta Civic Center.
Attendance is free to all participants but pre-registration is requested to account for meals and materials. There is a small fee for commercial exhibitors, but no charge for not-for-profit and government exhibitors. Register online now!
The Conference will feature:
- Keynote talks:
- Day One: Staying Alive — How to Act Fast and Survive Deadly Encounters using Evidence-Based Approaches, Michael Dorn, Executive Director, Safe Havens International, Inc.
- Day Two: Lac-Mégantic: Response, Recovery and Mutual Aid, Panel from Québec and Maine
- Learn more about the keynote sessions
- You must be registered to attend either plenary/keynote session
- Both Days: Wildland Fire Simulator, Maine Forest Service
- Day One only: “Nature’s Fury” Lego League Teams
- Hazardous materials response workshops
- The always exciting Hazmat Team Challenge (Day Two)
- Six tracks of a wide range of emergency management workshops, including tracks on hazmat, schools, communities and home and family
- See the full agenda (.pdf format)
The 6th Annual Maine Partners in Emergency Preparedness Conference is a partnership among the State Emergency Response Commission, The Maine Emergency Management Agency and the Maine Association of Local Emergency Managers (MALEM).
Registration will close Wednesday, April 16th at
5:00 pm 4:00 pm.
Contact:Conference Planning Team