Skip Maine state header navigation

Agencies | Online Services | Help

Skip First Level Navigation | Skip All Navigation

MEMA Home > Programs> Communication> News > Flood Damage Reports Continue to be Encouraged

Flood Damage Reports Continue to be Encouraged


May 5, 2008

5:30 PM


AUGUSTA, MAINE --The Maine Emergency Management Agency continues to encourage all individuals and business owners whose property or business has been damaged by flooding to call 211 and report their damages. The reports will be used to determine what additional assistance is needed. 211 can also provide health and safety information, and referrals to assistance available now.

Governor John Baldacci has requested disaster assistance for individuals and businesses in Aroostook County, but the State is awaiting verification of that assistance. There has also been flooding in many parts of Penobscot and Piscataquis Counties; MEMA and relief agencies need more information on how many families and businesses have been affected in those counties as well.

Only one report per household is needed. Those calling 211 should be prepared to give:

  1. Name of Individual/Family Affected
  2. County
  3. Town
  4. Physical Address of Property
  5. Current Address
  6. Telephone number to be reached at
  7. Nature of issues or damages

Important Numbers:

  • Life-threatening emergency: Dial 911
  • To report damages to your home or business, learn about services available to you now, or get health and safety information: Dial 211. (If calling from out of state, use toll-free number 877-463-6207).
  • If you have oil spilled in your basement or on your property: Call DEP at 1- 800-482-0777.

2-1-1 Maine, Inc. is a 501 (c)(3) whose mission is to connect anyone in Maine who wants to give help or get help with a full range of health and human services in their community.



State Emergency Operations Center


Last update: 07/20/10