Skip Maine state header navigation

Agencies | Online Services | Help

Skip First Level Navigation | Skip All Navigation

MEMA Home > Programs> Communication> News > Home and Business Damage Information Requested

Home and Business Damage Information Requested


May 2, 2008

11:30 AM


AUGUSTA, MAINE -- The Maine Emergency Management Agency is asking all individuals and business owners whose property or business has been damaged by flooding to call 211 and report their damages.

“This is not an application for assistance,” MEMA Director Robert McAleer stressed. “We need to know how many people have been impacted, and where they are, in order to assess what kinds of assistance might be available. We’re asking people to report in, so that we know the extent of damages. The 211 staff also will have health and safety information available, and may be able to refer you to some kinds of help right away.”

Although Aroostook County has seen the most significant flooding, damages have been noted in many areas of the state. McAleer stated, “Dial 211 no matter where you live or do business in the state. “

Only one report per household is needed. Those calling 211 should be prepared to give:

  1. Name of Individual/Family Affected
  2. County
  3. Town
  4. Physical Address of Property
  5. Current Address
  6. Telephone number to be reached at
  7. Nature of issues or damages

Important Numbers:

Dial 911 if you have a life-threatening emergency Dial 211 to: report damages to your home or business OR learn about services available to you now Dial 511 or visit for information on road conditions. Many roads in various parts of the state have been impacted

NOTE: 2-1-1 Maine, Inc. is a 501 (c)(3) whose mission is to connect anyone in Maine who wants to give help or get help with a full range of health and human services in their community.



Lynette Miller


Last update: 07/20/10