Skip Maine state header navigation

Agencies | Online Services | Help

Skip First Level Navigation | Skip All Navigation

Home > About > Frequently Asked Questions

How can I make sure my school group or sports team can cross the border?


For groups of children, U.S. and Canadian citizen children under age 19 arriving by land or sea from a contiguous territory and traveling with a school group, religious group, social or cultural organization, or sports team, may present an original or copy of his or her birth certificate, a Consular Report of Birth Abroad, a Naturalization Certificate, or a Canadian Citizenship Card.

The group should provide, on organizational letterhead:

  • The name of the group and supervising adult.
  • A list of the children on the trip, the primary home address, phone number, date of birth, place of birth, and name of at least one parent or legal guardian for each child.
  • A written and signed statement of the supervising adult certifying that he or she has obtained parental or legal guardian consent for each participating child.

To ensure that you have everything you need, please visit

If your question isn't answered here, please contact us.

More Questions