Maine Emergency Management Agency's Exercise Program provides an avenue for all emergency managers and responders, specialty rescue and support personnel to experience a large complex incident. MEMA provides technical, planning and training support to State, County and Local EMA offices and response agencies. We do this in a number of ways, including telephone support, budget development and meeting facilitation. We also assist in the field in the planning, delivery and evaluation of exercises and training.
After an exercise is complete, the work continues through the After Action Review (AAR) process. We track the improvements that are made in addressing any shortfalls or deficiencies that were demonstrated during the exercise. This may include additional training, targeted drills, follow-up exercises or the revision of the plans that were tested during the exercise.
Additional Exercise Resources
Click on the Plus (+) sign for more detail
MEMA Exercise Policies and Guidance
- Coming Up in the EMA Community ...
- 6/21/2018: Sebec Lake Mass Casualty Tabletop Exercise
- 6/27/2018: Brookfeld Grand Falls Dam Tabletop Exercise
- 6/28/2018: Hurricane Recovery Tabletop Exercise Series-Economic Recovery
- 7/25/2018: Hurricance Recovery Tabletop Exercise Series: RSF 5 Infrastructure Systems
- 6/5/2018: TRAINING ANNOUNCEMENT: Emergency Exercise Design (G139)
- 5/16/2018: TRAINING ANNOUNCEMENT: Recovery from Disaster: The Local Role (G0205)
- 5/9/2018: TRAINING ANNOUNCEMENT: ICS/EOC Interface Course (G191)
- 5/7/2018: TRAINING ANNOUNCEMENT: AWR-232 Mass Fatalities Planning and Response for Rural Communities - Machias