Call for Presenters
Abstracts for oral presentations and posters are invited for the 5th
Biennial Northeastern Transportation and Wildlife Conference. Focal topics can be research, planning, monitoring, design, and/or active conservation.
do not necessarily need to address one of the suggested topic areas listed above but a clear link to
wildlife conservation and transportation planning in the northeast must be justified.
All presenters must register and pay the appropriate conference registration fee. Registration
information will be available after June 1.
Opportunities for Participation
- Oral Presentations are intended to provide a synopsis of important findings from your
work and should focus on key findings and conclusions. Cases drawn from management
experiences are welcome. Oral presentations are limited to 20 minutes per person, with
additional time for questions from the audience. Time limits will be strictly enforced.
Oral presentations are limited to Microsoft PowerPoint only; no other formats will be
- Poster Sessions provide a visual representation of your recent research or on-going
projects. Posters also provide a chance for symposium attendees to interact directly with
- Panel Discussions are intended to explore a range of perspectives, which will be centered
on one or more of our topic areas and last no longer than one and a half hours. Those
interested should submit the title of their panel discussion along with the members of the
- Guidelines for submitting oral/poster/panel presentations
- Format should be as follows:
- Contact information for the corresponding author, and name and affiliation of coauthors
- Abstract (no longer than 250 words)
- Oral/Poster/Panel (choose one)
- Yes/No – If submitting an abstract for an oral presentation, please indicate whether
you would be willing to present a poster if your oral presentation is not chosen.
- Abstract should be saved as MSWord document ‘Last name_First name NETWC
- Submit abstracts to Richard.Bostwick@maine.gov. Subject heading should be ‘Last
name_First name NETWC abstract’.
- Abstracts must be received on March 23, 2012 by 4:30 PM EST
This page last updated on