maine state ferry service
Maine State Ferry Service General Information
Print out this page
- Rates and fares are available at all terminals.
- Vehicle reservations will not be accepted more than one month in advance
of travel date.
- Payment must include all transportation charges and a non refundable
- Requests should be addressed to the terminal
from which travel will begin.
- ALL Vehicles w/driver, including withreservations, must be in line, with tickets and in all respects readyto board (driver in vehicle), fifteen (15) minutes before scheduled departure. Failure to adhere to this policy will result in loss ofplace in line and forfeiture of reservation and reservation fees, if applicable.
- Service will be limited on New Year’s, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Contact the appropriate terminal for specific schedules on those days.
- Disabled Persons: Disabled persons needing assistance boarding or
disembarking should notify terminal personnel to assure assistance will be
- Pets: Dogs, cats, birds and other pets must be held secure by leash, crate,
- Methods of Payment: U.S. Currency, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and
in-state checks are accepted. Out-of-state checks cannot be accepted.
Sample Round-Trip Ticket
- TICKETS SOLD BY THE MAINE STATE FERRY SERVICE HAVE NO
EXPIRATION DATE. THEREFORE, NO REFUNDS WILL BE MADE.
- General Schedule Information& Daily Operations Update
( for Vinalhaven, North Haven, & Matinicus)
(For other routes, call local terminal).
- Rates and Schedules are Subject to Change without Notice.
Passenger Safety Information
- Parents or guardians are responsible for the safety and conduct of
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied
by a parent or adult guardian.
- All passengers should keep well clear of moving vehicles.
- Passengers should be prepared for possible jolt during docking of
- Trips may be cancelled due to unsafe weather, sea conditions, or
- Enclosed passenger space aboard the ferry is limited.
- Bicycle riders have the same rights and responsibilities as other
vehicle operators on the roadways in Maine. No warranty or
guarantee is made as to the suitability of the roadway conditions
or fitness for bicycling.
- PASSENGERS SHOULD BE AWARE THAT THE FERRY
VESSELS REMAIN AT THE ISLAND OVERNIGHT WITH THE
EXCEPTION OF THE GOV. CURTIS OPERATING TO VINALHAVEN.
THEREFORE, PASSENGERS MISSING THE LAST
TRIP WILL BE STRANDED ON THE ISLAND OVERNIGHT.
- Smoking is prohibited on all vessels and in all terminals
(including vehicles on the ferry).
- Consumption of alcoholic
beverages is prohibited on all vessels and on all Ferry Service
properties (including vehicles on ferry).
- Violations may result in
loss of transportation privileges.
- Cell Phones: The use of cell phones while drivers/vehicles are
loading & unloading is prohibited.
This page last updated on