The Maine Department of Transportation announced today that construction is set to begin July 6 on a series of projects in the towns of Biddeford and Saco.
There are six paving projects in the area, and Shaw Brothers of Gorham, Maine is the contractor for the projects that total $1.7 million.
The paving locations will be as follows:
- Biddeford, Route 111 (Alfred Street): from Main Street to the intersection of Route 1 and 111 at 5 Points Shopping Center
- Biddeford, Route 9 (Pool Street): From Route 111 (Alfred Street) southeast to Parkside Drive
- Saco, Route 1: from Lincoln Street east to the intersection of Route 1 and North Street
- Saco, North Street (Route 112): from the I-95 overpass to the Park Street intersection
- Saco, Beach Street/Ferry Road: from the Route 1 (Main Street) intersection southeast to the Pine Ridge Road intersection
Shaw Brothers will begin work first on the Saco Route 1 project, the Saco North Street Project, and the Biddeford Route 111 project. Work will be limited to three projects at any time as not to further disrupt traffic in the Biddeford/Saco area.
Crews will be removing deteriorating pavement and installing new pavement, paving shoulders and making minor sidewalk improvements.
On Route 1 in Saco, crews will work nights in order to minimize delays. On all projects, crews will keep one lane open with one-way, alternating traffic during construction. Motorists should be aware of possible delays, uneven lanes, and possible detours. Variable message boards will be in place to assist motorists with project updates.
If the projects go as planned and there are no unexpected delays, construction should be complete on all projects by mid-November.
# # #