Watson Settlement Bridge
View a larger map
- Beginning at the Post Office in Houlton, Maine, travel north on Court Street toward Military Street for
- Turn left onto US-1 / US-2 / Military Street and travel for
- Keep straight onto US-1 / North Street and travel for
- Turn right onto Carson Road and travel for
- Keep traveling straight onto Framingham Road for
- Arrive at Framingham Road, the last intersection is Carson Road.
If you reach Foxcroft Road, you've gone too far.
This bridge, built in 1911, is the farthest north and the youngest of Maine's original covered bridges. It has timber trusses of the Howe design and has two spans with a total length of 170 feet.
In 1984 the bridge was closed to traffic when a new bridge was built. The bridge is located on the road to Woodstock from Littleton over Meduxnekeag Stream in the town of Littleton.
This page last updated on