- September, 2014 – Work begins to build new retaining walls/abutments adjacent to the bridge.
At times, there will be alternating, one-lane traffic. Motorists should expect delays during
weekdays and Saturdays from 5 AM-6 PM.
- January, 2015 – Project shuts down due to federal restrictions.
- Late July, 2015– Project resumes.
- September 10, 2015 – Channel closure begins and continues for 213 days. During this time traffic will be rerouted onto a temporary bridge which will be east of the current bridge.
- April, 2016 – New bridge opens to traffic. Work continues on approaches and other finish work.
- Fall, 2016 – Project completed.
This page last updated on