Tip - Checking Bills in Committee
Make your own customized list
using Internet Explorer Favorites...
- For each bill you want to track in Committee info, go to the search page at
and enter the LD number - for example 10 - then click on the search button.
You will now come to the Summary page for the LD.
Click the Committee Info button
- Now you should be on the Committee Information page. Go
up to the menu bar and choose "Favorites". You should see "Add" or "Add to Favorites" up at the top of
the list. Choose "Add" and you will get a little window.
- If this is your first bill, choose the "New Folder" button. Another little
window comes up for you to type in the name of a folder. I called mine "Bills in Committee". Click
OK and you will see your new folder in the list of folders in favorites. Make sure it's highlighted
(looks open) - if it isn't click on it.
- In the "Name" box you should see "Committee
Information". Change that to the LD you are checking - for my example I would type in LD 10. After
you change the name, Click OK.
- In my browser, I can right-click on the list in favorites and choose "Sort by Name"
this will move your folder up in the list.
- Back on the Committee Information web page, in the right hand
top corner choose the "New Search" link. This will take you back to the Bill Status Search page. Enter
your next LD number - for example 20 - and click Search.
- You're at the summary page for the next bill. Choose
Committee Info and go to the Committee Information page for the next bill.
- This time you go to Favorites and choose "Add" again. Change the name from
"Committee Information" to your next bill - for example LD 20. Then go down the create in list until you find
the folder you made - mine was "Bills in Committee". Click on your folder to highlight it - if you don't see a
list - click on the "Create In" button. Once you have the folder highlighted, click OK.
- Continue to use the New Search link to go back to the search
page until you have entered all your bills following the steps above.
- CHECKING ON YOUR BILLS - Once you have entered all your bills and
added them to your favorites folder you can open your browser and click on the "Favorites" button on your
toolbar. If you don't see a favorites button try the View menu, pick Toolbars, and make sure "Standard
Buttons" is checked.
- Clicking the Favorites button on the tool bar should
bring up a window on the left side of your browser. Go down the list and find your folder - mine was
"Bills in Committee". Click on your folder and you should see your list of bills. Click on
each bill in your list and you will bring up the Committee Information page for that
- As always, I recommend that you refresh your browser to be sure you have the most
recent information displayed on your browser.
- TRACKING NO LONGER NEEDED - When Bills leave
Committee and you no longer need them in your list. You can use the Favorites "Organize Favorites" option
at the top of the Favorites Menu to delete bills from your folder - OR - I can right-click on
the Bill in my Favorites list and choose Delete (be sure you are on the Bill you want to