Horizontal Rule Maine Legislature State House Dome
horizontal rule



Emergency Numbers and Equipment



Number to Call

Emergency Call Stations Call boxes connect directly to Capitol Police dispatch (Building Control)



Calling from 287 Exchanges


Calling from 624 or 626 Exchanges


Calling from public pay phones or cell phones

911 (provide location)

Capitol Police (non-emergency)


Building Control/Maintenance




Augusta Police Department (non-emergency)


Augusta Police Department (TDD/TTY)




MaineGeneral Medical Center (Augusta)


MaineGeneral Medical Center (TDD/TTY)




Northern New England Poison Control Center (Maine Medical Center)



(800) 222-1222

          Emergency TTY/TDD

(800) 442-6305



Workplace Injuries & Illness
Office of the Executive Director

(Debra Olken, Human Resources Director)
All workplace injuries or illnesses must be reported promptly to Human Resources in the Executive Director’s Office at 287-1615.  If the injury or illness requires emergency attention, contact Capitol Police at 287- 4357. 

  For any workplace injury or illness that requires medical attention or results in lost work time, contact Debra Olken, Human Resources Director at 287-1615.  If the treatment is minor first-aid only, you do not need to contact Debra Olken.  However, the supervisor must promptly report work-related injuries/illnesses including an injury report.





Automated External Defibrillators (AED)
An AED is a portable electronic device that
diagnoses certain potentially life
threatening cardiac
conditions and treats them
through defibrillation
to re-establish a normal
heart rhythm.  AED’s are designed
to be simple
to use by lay persons.

  • Immediately outside the entrance to the Cross Cafe (Cross Building)
  • Clerk's Office (3rd Floor, Room 300 in the State House)

    First Aid Kits

    • Welcome Center in the State House (East Wall, includes eye wash station)
    • Clerk’s Office (3rd Floor, Room 314 in the State House)
    Fire Extinguishers

    Dry chemical fire extinguishes are located in prominent locations along corridors on each floor of the State House and on the second floor of the Cross Building.

    Wheel Chairs

    For use while in the State House or Cross Building.  Contact Debra Olken, Human Resources Director at 287-1615. 


    • At 1st floor south stairwell in the Cross Building
    • Clerk’s Office (3rd floor, Room 300 in the State House)







     Maine Legislature Homepage    Maine State Homepage      Maine Statutes    

    Send mail to webmaster.exec@legislature.maine.gov with questions or comments about this web site.