Before you call the Unemployment Claims Center...
Call volumes at Unemployment Claims Center are very high - the best way to file for benefits or to find out the status of your claim is to use the online services links below. To reach the Unemployment Claims Center by phone, call 1-800-593-7660 between 8:00 AM and 4:45 PM Monday through Friday. Please keep in mind that Mondays are high call volume days with 20-30 minute wait times. Wait times drop significantly later in the week.
*** February 25 – NOTICE ***
Unemployment benefits that were delayed have gone out. If you were affected by this issue, please check your bank account after noon today. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience while we worked through this systems issue.
*** Tips for Using the New Unemployment Web Portal ***
- You should only create one portal account. If you have already gone through the steps to open an account, be sure you have checked your email to activate your account by following the directions before starting to create an account again.
- The system will give you three tries to type in your correct email and password. After the third unsuccessful attempt, the system will lock you out for 24 hours. After two tries, click the link for either Forgot your email? or Forgot your password? and follow the directions. This will prevent your account from locking you out.
- Do not use a false email address. You MUST have access to a valid email address in order to activate your account by going to the email address that you used to create the portal account and then following directions to validate the account. The Department of Labor will not provide your email address to any third party.
- Each person filing for a portal account must have his or her own email address.
- A new portal account needs to be set up even if you have used the previous unemployment web claims system.
- Your Maine Job Bank account is different than your unemployment web portal account, the Job Bank login will not work on the web portal.
- If you call for customer assistance, be sure to let the person who answers the phone know which account you are calling about to make sure you are speaking to the correct staff person who can help you. We may refer you to other staff.
- To file, you must be registered with the Maine Job Bank , http://www.mainecareercenter.com (or the state job bank of the state where you reside).
- Find answers to frequently asked questions about the upgrade and the Maine Job Bank registration requirement at http://www.maine.gov/labor/unemployment/mjb.html .
- Expect increased call volumes and wait times during February as people adjust to the new system. Please be patient. Before filing or calling the department, you should review the information the department has sent to you and has posted on our website.
- What should I do if I become unemployed?
- I just filed my first claim now what?
- [more videos]
- Unemployment Claims Center: 1-800-593-7660
- Other unemployment contacts
- How to file for unemployment
- Frequently Asked Questions for Claimants
- Information about the Maine Job Bank Requirement and Answer to Questions
- Rights and responsiblities for unemployment claimants
- Payment options - direct deposit or debit card
- Overview of the unemployment insurance program
- Laws and rules governing unemployment benefits
- Income tax information (1099G)
- 2/26/2015: Job Fair in Lewiston on March 2 at the CareerCenter
- 2/23/2015: Job Fairs Scheduled Around the State
Unemployment Programs Available in Maine
- State Unemployment Insurance (UI) - for workers who have lost their job for reasons beyond their control.
- Workshare - for workers at qualified businesses experiencing a temporary slowdown in work.
- Other special programs - for workers laid-off from the military or Federal Government, people who lost their jobs due to foreign trade and natural disasters, and laid-off workers enrolled in training.