Home → Unemployment Insurance
*** File for Unemployment Online and Register with the Maine Job Bank ***
Late December though January is the busiest time of year for unemployment claims. Avoid wait times on the phone by following these suggestions: http://www.maine.gov/labor/news_events/article.shtml?id=611934 .
All individuals filing for unemployment will soon be checked for an active and complete Job Bank registration as part of filing your claim by phone or online. If you do not have an active or completed Job Bank account, you will be required to register with the Maine Job Bank before filing a claim.
Those with a complete Job Bank account will be able to file their claim more quickly and may avoid having to call the department and experience a long wait time on the phone. Activate your Job Bank account as soon as possible and use it to accept referrals for job opportunities so you will not risk being denied benefits. Learn more here: http://www.maine.gov/labor/news_events/article.shtml?id=633569 .
- File a new unemployment claim
- File a weekly unemployment claim
- Look-up the status of your claim
- File an appeal
- Your rights and responsibilities when you are collecting unemployment benefits
- Benefit payment options
- Other special programs for laid-off workers
- What to do when your benefits are running out
- Report new hire information
- Register your business
- Respond to Separation / Wage Information Request
- File an appeal
- WorkShare: an alternative to temporary layoffs
- Difference between employees and independent contractors
- Unemployment laws and rules
- How to respond to separation information request