The Augusta CareerCenter is part of the statewide CareerCenter network that provides a variety of employment and training services at no charge for Maine workers and businesses.
Maine Veterans receive priority of service in all CareerCenter programs.
Area Job Fairs
- NOTIFY MD in Winthrop ( Stericycle, Inc) is hiring Customer Service Representatives and Patient Services Representatives. VISIT WITH REPS. AT THE AUGUSTA CAREERCENTER ON TUES March 11th from 8:30 - 11:00a.m.
- Flaggers Needed! Maine Staffing/Project Flagging at the careercenter
- Care & Comfort NOW Hiring - Several positions available. Paying $9.00 - $15.00 hourly
- Jo-Ann Fabrics and Crafts will be recruiting and hiring 40 fun energetic individuals that can assist with a store re-model/expansion project. Visit with representatives on Tuesdays - March 11th Time: 8:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- @Work Personnel Services will be recruiting at the Augusta CareerCenter on Thurdsay March 6th - 12:30 p.m.
- Competitive Skills Scholarship Program (CSSP) ** CLOSED** No applications being accepted.
- The INFORMATION CENTER at the Augusta CareerCenter is STAFF ASSISTED by a CareerCenter Consultant from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. for Jobseekers and Employers needing guidance and assistance.
- Wireless internet access available
Workshops and Events
- Recurring Workshop: Essentials of College Planning & Financial Aid - March 14, 2014
- Meeting: Veterans' Networking Group - ALL Veterans are welcome to attend - Session meets monthly at the Augusta CareerCenter-Check back for this month's session date & time.
- Recurring Workshop: Gateways to Employment - Get a Jump Start! - March 27, 2014
- Recurring Workshop: RESUME WRITING and INTERVIEWING SKILLS Workshop - March 24, 2014
- Workshop: Career Changer's Group for Career Decision Making - March 19, 2014
- Meeting: Are you a jobseeker needing career assistance or guidance? Meet with a CareerCenter Consultant at the Waterville Library every other Wednesday afternoon from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Meeting: Women Unlimited - EXPLORE BETER PAYING JOBS
211 is a searchable on-line database of community resources containing information on 5,000+ human services. It is the place to turn to when trying to find help.
- Central/Western Maine Workforce Board
- Consumers for Affordable Healthcare
Guide to health care resource directory.
- Disability Program Navigators
A collaboration between the Department of Labor and the Social Security Administration, The Disability Navigator program is a service of the CareerCenter for people with disabilities to help them "navigate" through the many work-related programs and services available at Maine CareerCenters.
- Food Pantries Across the State
- Free Computer Tutorials
Baycon Group provides tutorials on a growing list of computer-related topics. All tutorials are in depth, comprehensive, online, and -- best of all -- absolutely free.
- Kennebec Valley Chamber of Commerce
Augusta area chamber news and events.
- Local Resources
A list of some programs in Maine that may be able to help with your utility and fuel costs. Also lists other programs that may help in certain circumstances.
- Microsoft Office Tutorials
Official Site offering tutorials in both 2003 and 2007 versions of the software
- Mid Maine Chamber of Commerce
Waterville area chamber news and events.
- Office of Disability Employment Policy-DOL
US Dept. of Labor web site for disability employment policy,which is profiling individuals and businesses who have been served by workforce programs for people with disabilities. The feature is intended to dispel misconceptions about workers with disabilities by showcasing real faces and success stories.
- SCORE's Web Site for Baby Boomers
"Counselors to America's Small Business" unveiled a new section of its Web site specifically geared for baby boomer and retirement age entrepreneurs over 50. This page offers articles on transitioning to start a business while evaluating retirement options.
- Seasoned Worker Web Site
- State Library's Free Classes
- Women, Work & Community--Augusta
They offer many services including workshops on Career Exploration: Paying the Bills and Feeding the Soul,Introduction to Starting a Business,and a Self-Esteem Workshop.
- Women, Work & Community--Waterville
Workshops such as: Building Self-Esteem, Assertive Communication, Career Exploration: Paying the Bills and Feeding the Soul, and Financing Your Future: Managing Your Money to Reach Your Goals