The Calais CareerCenter is part of the statewide CareerCenter network that provides a variety of employment and training services at no charge for Maine workers and businesses.
Maine Veterans receive priority of service in all CareerCenter programs.
- Address: One College Drive, Calais, ME 04619-0415
- Phone: (207) 454-7551 or 1-800-543-0303
- Fax: (207) 454-0349
- TTY users call Maine Relay 711
- Hours: Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Directions: Map Location
Area Job Fairs
- CALAIS AREA JOB FAIR 2015 - April 16, 2015
Workshops and Events
- Essentials of College Planning presented by Maine Educational Opportunity Center (MEOC)
- GATEways to Employment: Group Access to Employment Session
- FREE Training Program for Potential St Croix Tissue Employees
- Finding Dollar$ for College - February 10, 2015
- 2-1-1 Maine Resource Link
Finding the answers to health and human services information and resources is as quick and easy as dialing 2-1-1 or logging onto 211maine.org.
- Business Answers
Business Answers online exists to make it easier to start and conduct business in the State of Maine.
- Employment Services for Veterans
Provides veterans and transitioning service members with resources and services.
- Federal Bonding Program
Provides Fidelity Bonds that guarantee honesty for “at-risk”, hard-to-place job seekers.
- Help with Winter Utility and Fuel Bills
Resource guide from Maine Equal Justice Partners
- Local Area 1 Workforce Investment Board
Sets workforce development policy for its local area. This policy is effectuated through staff at the CareerCenters.
- Maine Small Business Development Center
Provides business management assistance, training, resource and information services to Maine's micro, small, and technology-based businesses.
Great for helping with resume and job description writing.
- Official Website of Washington County
- Veteran Services
Small business resource directory for Washington County based businesses.
- Washington Hancock Community Agency
WHCA promotes self-sufficiency by helping income-eligible persons obtain essential services including transportation, housing, entrepreneurial support, and family services.
Local Education/Training Resources
- Washington County Community College
- University of Maine at Machias
- Washington County Community College for Seniors
- Maine Adult Education
- Women Unlimited
- Women, Work and Community
Receive guidance and support for life transitions, career change, job loss, resume writing, interview practice, basic financial management, self employment and community resource referrals.
- AARP Foundation Women's Scholarship Program
- Maine Metal Products Association SCHOLARSHIP
- The Barking Foundation SCHOLARSHIP
- UMM Sunrise Senior College
- The Maine Fishermen's Forum Scholarship Fund
The Maine Fishermen's Forum Scholarship Fund was established for the benefit of immediate family members (son, daughter, grandson, granddaughter) of anyone actively participating in Maine's seafood industry.
- The Gracie Fund
The Gracie Fund offers tuition-reimbursement incentives to encourage natives of Washington County, or those who consider Washington County their “home”, to establish roots in the community following completion of their post-secondary education. Applications are invited from students who have recently completed school and are building a professional and personal life in Washington County.
The Gracie Fund fosters community development by helping recipients connect to Washington County through their commitment to a career and community service. School loan repayment awards of up to $5,000 will be awarded to up to three individuals each year. Awards may be renewed for up to three years. The IRS considers these awards taxable income.
Complete guidelines and application form are available through the Maine Community Foundation and SCEC, which jointly administer the Gracie Fund. Go to www.mainecf.org or www.sunrisecounty.org, or call 877-700-6800 (toll-free).
- University College Community Course Site
Take interactive television courses from the University of Maine System campuses at the St. Croix Regional Technical Center in Calais. Robert Moholland is the site coordinator.
- Kaplan University, Augusta