InforME follows a standard project process for all eGovernment application development projects. This ensures that the project moves smoothly from start to finish and that everyone knows what to expect.
- Contact made between InforME and agency.
- InforME assigns project manager to work with agency.
- Initial discussion meeting to explore viability of partnership and discuss project goals.
Requirements Gathering & Analysis
- InforME project manager works with agency to understand project requirements and scope of work.
- InforME project manager develops Statement of Work, which is approved by the agency.
- InforME project manager prepares Project Prioritization for review by the InforME Board.
- InforME Board reviews project prioritization to either continue or discontinue project, and if continue to rank the service priority for the InforME project queue. *Should the agency not agree with the priority assigned by the Board, the agency may request to be added to the next Board meeting agenda to make a case for a change in priority.
- The General Manager and project manager negotiate transaction fees or other funding model, and prepare the Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Agency approves and executes SLA. SLA forwarded to OIT for approval and execution.
- SLA presented to InforME Board for approval.
- Agency forms their internal project team; InforME assigns developer to the project.
- InforME project manager works with agency project team to develop the System Specifications, a document that defines the user interface, business rules/logic, and functionality of the application.
- Agency reviews and approves System Specifications.
User Interface Design
- InforME project manager and Creative Services Team develop user interface flow and storyboards.
- Creative Services Team designs and develops HTML user interface prototype pages based on System Specifications.
- Agency team reviews prototype.
- Prototype reviewed by user group (if appropriate).
- Prototype is revised as necessary.
- Agency reviews and signs off on prototype.
- Project moves into Development phase.
- Data connection established.
- Development team programs functionality, payment functionality, reporting functionality, etc., according to System Specifications.
- InforME project manager creates Test Plan.
- Project manager works with agency team to create Marketing Plan.
- Marketing materials designed by Creative Services Team (if applicable).
- Application is tested thoroughly by InforME team according to Test Plan, including:
- functionality testing against Specifications
- testing of payment processing
- quality assurance testing
- usability review
- accessibility testing
- security audit
- Review and testing by agency team.
- Revisions made as necessary, additional testing of all changes.
- User acceptance testing and beta testing is performed. (if appropriate)
- Agency signs off on final version of application.
- Application is made live on the Internet.
- Marketing plan is implemented.
- Application maintenance and monitoring continue.
- Customer service begins.
- Adoption rates are monitored. Adjustments made to marketing plans if necessary.