About the Office for Health Information Technology
The Office of the State Coordinator for Health Information Technology shall:
- Serve as a focal point on health information technology (HIT) and health information exchange (HIE) policy and assure coherent, collaborative cross agency state HIT planning;
- Serve as a clearinghouse for all state HIT policy;
- Align HIT planning efforts with the State Health Plan;
- Coordinate ARRA HIT/HIE planning and implementation, and provide financial and regulatory oversight of HIT and HIE efforts and initiatives throughout the state;
- Develop and disseminate public information about HIT and HIE through partnerships with stakeholders; and
- Work collaboratively with HealthInfoNet, the State’s designated health information exchange, or its successor, pursuant to the public-private partnership as outlined in the State HIT Plan
- June 1, 2010: An Order to Amend the Executive Order Establishing the Office of the State Coordinator for Health Information Technology and the Health Information Technology Executive Steering Committee.
- April 6, 2010: An Order to Improve Health Information Exchange by Establishing the Office of the State Coordinator for Health Information Technology and the Health Information Technology Steering Committee
News for Health Information Technology
Maine EHR Baseline Survey Results
- 2010 Chartbook Volume I Maine Ambulatory Provider Survey (pdf*)
- 2010 Chartbook Volume II Maine Hospitals Survey (pdf*)
For contact information please visit Contact Us.