Skip Maine state header navigation
MOA On-Site Review Sample Question Guide
EQUITY (AFFIRMATIVE ACTION) OFFICER
1. Are you a Board appointed Affirmative Action Officer for the school or district? Have you received training in the field of affirmative action?
2. Who is the Affirmative Action Officer responsible to for issues of sex equity?
3. Is there a job description for the Affirmative Action Officer?
4. What are your duties as Affirmative Action Officer?
5. Are students, faculty, and staff informed of your duties and responsibilities?
6. Are you, as the Affirmative Action Officer, available to staff and students on a regular basis (e.g., keep office hours, visit schools on a certain day)?
7. Is there an Affirmative Action Plan and is it current?
8. How are students, faculty, staff, parents, and the community informed of your affirmative action policies?
9. How does your affirmative action policy assure equal access to all programs, particularly enrollments in vocational and pre-vocational programs?
10. Does your affirmative action policy address equal opportunity in vocational admissions and vocational counseling and job placement?
11. Do you have a policy prohibiting sexual harassment?
12. How does the school district provide the required annual harassment training?
13. Do you have a grievance policy?
14. Have you been called upon to investigate instances of racial or gender discrimination? Please describe and if resolved, how?
15. Have you been called upon to investigate instances of discrimination affecting the disabled? Please describe and if resolved, how?
16. Is there an Affirmative Action Advisory Committee? Is there an Affirmative Action representative in each school?
Back to MOA Page