Home → OPM Mission and Goals
Mission and Goals
The mission of the Governors Office of Policy and Management is to improve the performance of state government. OPM will help the Governor achieve long-term state economic goals by:
- preparing long-range economic projections
- offering improvements in the efficiency and effectiveness of government by analyzing the structure and functions of State Government
- delivering policy recommendations to improve financial management;
- assisting in developing economic goals by conducting studies and continuing economic analyses of the state economy
- advising the Governor, at his request, on the risks, costs, benefits, and effects on job creation and job retention of proposed legislation
- supporting efforts to receive federal funds by facilitating intragovernmental and intergovernmental coordination
To meet this mission, OPM will work to achieve three goals:
- Efficient Government
- Optimize government efficiency through innovation and collaboration.
- Prioritize services and improve equity across state government.
- Effective Government
- Strengthen financial and fiscal management to better fund vital services.
- Improve accountability, transparency and accessibility.
- Economic Growth
- Improve public access to vital economic and demographic data and analysis.
- Enhance economic impact analysis of state government.