Early Learning in Maine Home → Resources
Use these resources to help develop your early learning strategy.
- Child Development Services - An Intermediate Educational Unit that provides both Early Intervention (birth through two years) and Free Appropriate Public Education (for ages three through five years) under the supervision of the Maine Department of Education.
- Early Childhood Education in Maine Public Schools - Four-year-old programs, offered through a school administrative unit, defined by Maine Education and School Statute as “public preschool programs” .
- Head Start in Maine - A comprehensive early childhood development program that serves low-income children and their families.
- Maine Children's Growth Council - Created to maintain and evaluate the plan for sustainable social and financial investment in healthy development of the State’s young children and their families.
- Maine Early Childhood Learning Guidelines - A guide for state and local early care and education practitioners’ efforts to improve early childhood professional practice and programs for young children ages three through their entrance into kindergarten.
- Department of Health and Human Services