Is my credit card debited before my submittal is reviewed and permitted?
- Answer #1: Yes, it is debited at the time that the permit is issued.
How long does it typically take before my submittal is reviewed?
- Answer #2: Most plans are reviewed within 2 weeks of the time a full submittal
is received. On this on-line submittal process you can specify how quick of a turn-around time that you prefer.
What includes a complete submittal?
- Answer #3: Plans, calcs, basic job information which you will be asked during
the on-line submittal process, and then a credit card for payment. In some
cases calcs are not required, and in other cases plans are not required
either. There is a chance to explain why they will not be included. A fire
sprinkler permit application form is not required, because the information
needed is obtained from your answering the on-line questions about the job.
Who receives the permit and how is it sent?
- Answer #4: The permit is sent electronically to the email address of the
designer, and to the email address of the fire sprinkler contractor.
If I need to explain unusual circumstances, how can I do this on-line?
- Answer #5: There will be a comment field where you can enter job comments. If
you have any questions you can always contact Eric Ellis at 207-626-3889 or
Questions about this Service? Contact the Maine State Fire Marshal's Office
at: (207) 626-3889 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org