The Maine Department of Education does not endorse any particular program or website. The information provided is intended to be for consideration when educators make implementation decisions at the local level.
- Election Resources. Links to national election resources.
- Financial Literacy. Resources and information regarding financial literacy.
- Franco-American Studies. A guide to assist K-12 teachers and students in locating available Franco-American resources about Maine and New England.
- Maine DOE Social Studies Listserv. Maine's social studies educators are invited to subscribe to receive regular updates from the Department's social studies specialist. You may also access the listserv archive.
- Maine History Teacher of the Year. The Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History, Preserve America and the History Channel annually recognize outstanding American history teachers at the state and national levels. Nominees may be any full-time educators of grades K-12 who teach American history (as a separate subject or through social studies, reading, language arts and other subjects). State winners receive a $1,000 prize and an archive of classroom resources. One national winner receives a $10,000 prize.
- Maine Learning Network Learning Resources Directory. A searchable directory of learning resources recommended by Maine educators and aligned to Maine standards.
- Museums & Organizations Supporting Social Studies Education. A list of some Maine organizations and museums offering resources for students and teachers.
- National History Day. An annual event for teachers and students in grades 6-12 interested in developing critical-thinking skills and an understanding of the past through original research. Using primary sources, students complete projects (research papers, exhibits, documentaries, websites and performances) and present them at the Maine statewide competition.
- Maine National History Day. Resources from Maine Department of the Secretary of State.
- Professional Organizations. A list of professional organizations for social studies educators.
- Special Observances & Commemorative Days. Information and resources for consideration.
- State of Maine Sites. Links to other State of Maine sites, including Maine Learning Technology Initiative, Maine State Museum and Maine State Legislature.
- Wabanaki/Maine Native Studies. A website designed to support K-12 Maine educators in integrating Wabanki Studies into existing curricula.