Home → School Improvement Grants
School Improvement Grants
Each year, starting in 2009-10, the Maine Department of Education names schools to the School Improvement Grant (SIG) eligibility list, making them eligible to apply for significant SIG funds for the coming three years under a federal program. The schools meet a series of detailed criteria, established by federal guidelines, and have experienced below average proficiency and growth on State testing.
In 2012-13, the Maine DOE named 11 schools to the SIG eligibility list.
- State awards Lewiston’s Montello Elementary $1.8 million for school improvement. Press release published June 27, 2013.
- Lewiston's School Improvement Grant Application
- 2012-13 School Improvement Grants Eligibility List. Eleven Maine schools were named to the eligibility list.
- 2012-13 School Achievement and Progress List (XLS, 198KB). This list was used to determine the SIG eligibility list.
- Methodology & the School Achievement and Progress List. To develop the list of 11 schools, the Department first created a School Achievement and Progress list based on the last three years of testing data and the amount of progress made. Read about the methodology and view the School Achievement and Progress list for all applicable schools in the state.
- 2010-11 SIG
- 2009-10 SIG
Chief Academic Officer