The Maine Department of Education sent districts the following resources during the release of the Maine School Performance Grading System. Feel free to distribute these handouts to your school and community members and to amend documents when necessary.
- Overview. Why we’re doing it and how we came up with the system we did.
- Questions & Answers. Answers to many of the questions we anticipate superintendents, parents and community members will have.
- Making the Grade: Using data to support Maine schools. Suggestions for educators and parents on how to make best use of the report cards.
- Methodology. Provides information about each of the data points.
- Education Data Warehouse. Search for your school or district report card through the new Education Data Warehouse, which provides multi-year, detailed information about Maine schools. You may also compare a specific school to others throughout the state using a wide range of measures.
- Communication Toolkit (PDF, 177KB | MS Word, 587KB). Administrators may reference this kit when addressing the public regarding their school's letter grade.
- Sample Press Release (MS Word, 660KB). Districts and schools can adapt this press release for local use.
- Sample Parent Letter (MS Word, 660KB). Districts and schools also can manipulate this sample letter to parents and communities.