Home → Legislation & Rulemaking
Legislation & Rulemaking
The Maine Department of Education is involved at various stages of Maine's legislative process:
- The Department acts as a resource to state legislators, providing information about Department programs and Maine's education system.
- The Department sometimes proposes bills and takes positions as appropriate on legislation that affects education in Maine.
- As a state agency, the Department is charged with adopting rules to implement laws passed by the Maine Legislature.
125th Maine Legislature, Dec. 2010-Dec. 2012
Second Regular Session (2012)
- Major Education-related Laws Enacted (PDF, 708KB)
- List of Education-related Bills Enacted
- Bills Requiring Reports Back
- Bills Requiring Rulemaking