The following resources are available for Maine public schools working to implement a proficiency-based learning system and diploma.
- District Self-Assessment. The Maine Department of Education and the Great Schools Partnership developed a comprehensive online self-assessment process for Maine school administrative units to support action planning for proficiency-based learning at the district and school levels.
- Glossary of Terms Related to Proficiency-Based Learning
- Proficiency-Based Learning Frequently Asked Questions
- Proficiency-Based Learning Resources. The Maine DOE, the New England Secondary School Consortium and CompetencyWorks provide online resources for implementing proficiency-based learning systems.
- Support Plan
- Using Your Transition Funds. The Maine DOE will distribute targeted funds to schools annually to support the transition to the proficiency-based diploma, starting in October of 2013.
- Webinars. Recorded presentations on a variety of topics related to the design and implementation of proficiency-based learning.