Sample Graduation Standards
The following list is a set of sample cross-curricular and content-area graduation standards and performance indicators for the Guiding Principles and the eight content areas of the Maine Learning Results. Educators are encouraged to use these sample documents to guide the development of their local standards and performance indicators. The statements can be adopted as written, revised as needed or used as a starting point for faculty and community conversations.
Questions about the standards can be directed to the relevant content area specialists at the Maine Department of Education.
- Guiding Principles
- English Language Arts (PDF, 260KB)
- Mathematics (PDF, 228KB)
- Science & Technology (PDF, 313KB)
- Social Studies (PDF, 246KB)
- World Languages (PDF, 362KB)
- Visual & Performing Arts (PDF, 233KB)
- Health & Physical Education (PDF, 244KB)
- Career & Educational Development (PDF, 226KB)
- Standards Language Crosswalk (PDF, 186KB)