Resources & Support Materials
The Maine Department of Education is committed to providing the tools and resources that schools need as they administer the Personalized Alternate Assessment Portfolio (PAAP). These resources are designed to provide support to educators and students as they prepare to take the PAAP, as well as report out on the technical quality of the assessment system.
- Data Warehouse. The Maine DOE's Data Warehouse puts data about Maine’s schools in one place where it’s easy to find and easy to understand. Results from the PAAP are used to populate the following reports within the warehouse: overall summary, performance level, subgroup and vertical analysis. This data is sortable, and comparisons can be made across schools, districts and the entire state.
- Extended Learning Alternate Grade Level Expectations (AGLEs) (PDF, 595KB). This document provides an in-depth introduction to the Maine AGLEs.
- Informational Brochure for Parents (PDF, 306KB). This brochure explains what the PAAP is, who takes it and how it benefits your child.
- Learning Opportunities for Your Child Through Alternate Assessment (DOC, 10MB). This article discusses the important ideas behind the alternate assessment and how it helps your child.
- Science AGLEs (PDF, 459KB). The AGLEs are described by content area indicating the corresponding Maine Learning Results grade level expectations, the AGLEs/Indicator, developmental characteristics and the levels of complexity that will be tested by the PAAP.
- PAAP Blueprint (RTF, 383KB). This chart shows which AGLEs/Indicators will be tested at each grade level in reading, writing, mathematics and science.
The purpose of the technical report is to document the technical aspects of the PAAP operational implementation. Several technical aspects of the PAAP are described in an effort to contribute to evidence supporting the validity of PAAP score interpretations.
- 2012-13 MeCAS Technical Report (PDF, 9MB)
Achievement Level Definitions (ALDs)
The following ALDs outline the expectations for students participating in state-level assessments in all content areas.