2018 Conference Information
2018 MLTI Student Conference
Thursday May 24, 2018
UMaine - Orono, Maine
Who can register?
- Beginning March 12, 2018, registration for the Student Conference is open to any Maine school that opted in to MLTI in 2014, 2015 or 2016 (Cohort 2, 3 and 4 schools)
- Beginning April 9, 2018, registration opens for all other schools.
How many can attend from our school?
- Students must be accompanied by adult chaperones, in a ratio not greater than 5:1 (that is, there must be at least one adult per 5 students; for example, if you bring 6 students, you MUST bring 2 adults; if you bring 36 students, you must bring 8 adults) Remember, chaperones do not have to be school staff - we often have parents volunteer to chaperone!
- Between March 12 and April 8, a school may register up to 45 students and 9 adults in a ratio not greater than 5:1. Beginning April 9th, there is no limit on the number of students, although the 5:1 ratio must still be met.
- There are 1000 student registration spots available, so don't delay! Registration will close when 1000 registrations are received or by May 11, 2018, whichever occurs first.
What is the cost?
Cost is $15 per attendee (student or adult) The cost includes all activities, morning refreshments and lunch, and a 2018 Student Conference T-shirt for each student attending!
Registration costs are waived for:
- School teams making presentations at the Conference (costs waived for up to 3 attendees – 1 adult and 2 students); and
- Students whose artwork is selected for the 2018-2019 Screensaver Challenge.
How do we register?
Go to http://bit.ly/2018MLTIregistration and fill out the registration form. You’ll be asked to list the names of adults and students who will be attending. If you don’t have all that information at the time of registration, please email that information as soon as possible to Brandi.M.Cota@maine.gov and to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What else do you need from us before we arrive in Orono?
The Department asks that attending students have a signed media release. Many photographs and videos are taken during the event; media is often present and may want to interview students, so we need media release forms to allow that to happen. A link to the media release form is on this page, in the column at the right, as well as in the registration material. Students without signed media forms may still attend, and their name tags will be coded to indicate that they are not available to be photographed or interviewed.
Please contact Brandi Cota with questions about registration at email@example.com or by phone at 207-624-6679.
Attending Schools - A great list to check to see if a nearby school is attending. Perhaps you can share a bus and save on costs!
Media Release Form - Remember, if your school has media release forms on file, just let us know and save this step.
Attendee Information - What to bring, what to expect!
Bus Map (will be posted prior to event) - busses will need to enter and exit campus via a specific route.