Maine Migrant Education Program (MEP) Partners
The Maine MEP works with several other state agencies and organizations that may be helpful to migrant students and workers:
- Maine Department of Labor (DOL). The Maine DOL works with employers and employees to promote economic well-being, workplace safety and strong businesses in the State of Maine. In addition, the DOL offers information and resources specifically for migrant workers and their employers.
- Maine Migrant Health Program. Maine Migrant Health works to improve the health status of migrant workers and their families by connecting them with healthcare and services throughout the state.
- Maine State High School Equivalency Program (HEP). HEP connects migrant and seasonal farmworkers and their families with educational and support services to help them achieve their education and career goals.
- Mano en Mano/Hand in Hand. Based in Milbridge, this program provides educational and affordable housing opportunities, advocates for social justice and works to remove barriers to health and social services in Eastern Hancock and Washington Counties.
- Advocates for Children. This program works to prevent domestic violence and the abuse of children, as well as to support families that have been victims. The organization is based in Lewiston and works in Androscoggin County.